If you are you a big gamer and a new iPad owner, then the first question that comes to your mind is, what are the top games that are available for iPad/iPhone. This article is about the top 5 games for iPad based on our rating.
1) Grand Theft Auto – Vice City (Price $8.99) – This is the game that raised the benchmark of a smartphone game to a whole new level. If you take away Grand Theft Auto 3, 4, and 5, then there’s no other game that comes even remotely close to the experience that you will have with Grand Theft Auto – Vice City.
With fast cars and ruthless criminals, this game is full of action and excitement. Critics keep saying that this game is not family-friendly, but do you actually want it in any other way? However only iPhone 4S and iPad 2 and can run this game, if you are an old iPad owner then this game is not for you. The major reason for this is the powerful A5 chip in iPad 2 hardware.
2) Bastion (Price $8.99) – This game became an instant hit among the gamers when it debuted on the PC and Xbox platform. It is now available for the Chrome browser as well. The iPad edition is recently released and is very well designed with minimal touch control which is well suited for the gameplay. The sound effects are super cool and might require a headset for your iPad to experience it completely. See also this post about 24 Video Gaming Facts.
3) Carcassonne (Price $9.99) – This is a tile-based strategy game, it is now adapted beautifully for iPhone. The developers released an update for native iPad compatibility. This game has huge replay value because it has both online and local multiplayer options. There is a variety like the solitaire puzzle and in-app expansions. If you are new to Carcassonne then it can take a little getting used to. In our opinion, it is more worthwhile to own this game than ahead of Catan.
4) NBA 2k19 (Price $35.99) – The makers – ‘2K Sports’ hit the bull’s eye with NBA 2k19. This game had a few weaknesses initially but then they have improved the mobile basketball game for the 2018-2019 season. The best part is the addition of multiplayer option via Game Center and Bluetooth. Though it is not even close to the console version, it still remains the best basketball game for any Apple device.
You can either use the classic control via a virtual joystick or opt for the simple “one-finger” scheme. The facial mapping is poor, but still, NBA 2k19 is far ahead of the rest when it comes to basketball.
5) Angry Birds Star Wars HD (Price $19.99) – Angry Birds for a long time has topped the charts for family-friendly games for smartphones and tablets. Now “Star Wars” sequel took the game to a whole new level. There are new and attractive planet-based levels such as Hoth, Dagobah, and Tatooine. Check out this post for Unicorn Priest information.
More new characters are the Stormtrooper pigs and the birds Luke, Han Solo, and Ben Kenobi that have special powers that provide a whole new experience which is way different than the other Angry Birds games. With 288 levels, it offers you several hours of fun. There is a point of concern, however. Please be aware that some mobile games are more addictive than others. There’s intensive research going on about this phenomenon but just be aware of the risks! In a later post, I’ll get back to this issue more extensively.
Perhaps you should also take at this post about Never Alone. It is quite different from your usual games as it is a puzzle-format platform where you a young Iñupiat girl, Nuna, and a white fox on their journeys through Northern Alaska.