When you think of an office chair, you don’t really envision that same chair for gaming. The fact is, they both serve the same purpose. Both allow you to sit comfortably for a long period of time to keep you productive at work or comfortable while playing games. The issue relies on the end user experience. So let’s take a look at the difference between gaming chairs and office chairs.
The fact that everyone is built differently in body shape and form, requires you to find a chair that will accommodate your specific needs. If you have a long torso, you will need a high support chair and if you have a small torso frame you wouldn’t need or depend in a high support chair. Same goes with leg length and overall body size.
Because of this, a chair that might be comfortable for someone that is 6 feet tall will not have the same comfort and great experience as a 5’7” person. That’s why it is important that the chair you buy will have adjustable lumbar and reclining support. Not all chairs have these features and we wouldn’t recommend getting chairs without them even though there are third party chair accessories that can accommodate for the lack of these features.
Because both types of chairs fulfill their main purpose (sitting comfortably), there are some features that a gamer would enjoy more by using gaming chairs for gaming. Here are some differences between both that will benefit a gamer.
- Quality – When you purchase a gaming chair, it will come with a quality gaming experience in mind. Unlike office chairs, gaming chairs will give you the best gaming experience you can get compared to a regular chair. The quality is very important when you are playing and might end up in a stress full situation.
- Extra Features – Extra features are included in gaming chairs because we gamers need them. Some chairs come with a power supply or even extra modifications that will allow you to hook up computer accessories directly to the chair. Another great feature is a gaming chair that comes with a sound systems build within the chair. This enhances any gameplay dramatically.
- Stability – Stability is one thing we love about gaming chairs. They are meant for stressful and high-intensity situations. Whether you’re playing an RPG or a first-person shooter, these chairs come equipped to handle your body’s reaction. See also this post about the best gaming chairs.
Regular Office chair
- Relaxing – Relaxed body is a key point for office chairs. It’s meant to not have erratic movements and less stressful situations on your behalf. They are not meant to comfort you as well as a gaming chair would while you are playing a video game. These chairs are meant for a static position that is found in the work environment.
- Comfortable work environment- Being in a comfortable work environment is completely different than being at home playing video games. They tend to be more professional looking and less eye appealing because they are not meant to stand out. Gaming chairs stand out with their unique design and color set up.
Safety is extremely important when choosing computer chairs for gaming. We understand that having a great looking chair might be the ideal option, but what’s the point of having one if you are going to suffer in it because it’s uncomfortable. Because of this, safety is one of the items we would like to highlight when choosing the most comfortable desk chair.
- The chair’s backrest should align with the natural curve of your back to provide the perfect lumbar support. We know that everyone’s body sizes are different, because of this, getting an adjustable backrest or adding on a back support extension is a great way to support your back.
- The chair should be comfortable to allow your feet to rest flat on the floor. If your current chair or chair you buy in the future is not resting your foot flat, we would recommend purchasing a footrest so you can adjust it accordingly to your body length
- The chair’s armrests should be soft and allow your shoulders to relax when your elbows are on them. The ideal posture would be having your elbows close as possible to your body. Being stationary for too long with your elbows flaring out too much can cause shoulder and upper back issues if you are sitting for too long. You and I both know, when you are gaming, you don’t realize how fast time flies by. Because of this, you need to have great posture.
- The chair should have great mobility but having 5 cast wheels on the bottom. If you are constantly getting up, you want a chair that will move with ease and prevent injury. It’s time to let the past be the past and move on to the best new stuff available on the market today.
When you think of ergonomics, you might think of office work environment but ergonomics definitely comes into play with a gaming setting.
Let’s look at it this way. You sit in front of your computer for hours playing games and you need to be seated correctly. But most of the time, we don’t realize that we start to slouch or slide down the chair. We get so caught up in the game that we don’t pay attention to our bodies. This is when ergonomics comes in place and having the correct chair is
Computer chairs for gaming should support every aspect of your body when you are sitting down. The environment you are in is intense (assuming you’re playing an awesome video game) and it should keep you at ease without hindering your gameplay. You want to have a great experience playing so having the most comfortable desk chair is what you really want and when a game leaves you in awe, you don’t want to get bothered with having the wrong chair, do you?
Ergonomics is as much as important as style when it comes down to choosing a computer chair.
Here are some tips to set up and ergonomic environment for your gaming.
- Maintain good posture
- Position your monitor perfectly with your eyes where it will not tilt your head up or down.
- Adjust seat at the perfect height with your keyboard. If you are able to rest your elbows on the chair, your forearm should be adjacent to the floor.
- Keep the mouse and keyboard as close to each other as possible. This will keep your body from moving excessively when you are gaming.
When it comes down to choosing the best computer chairs for gaming, there are a few simple steps to go over. Make sure the chair is comfortable. Ergonomics should be a concern. Safety should come first.
Choosing the most comfortable desk chair can be tricky. Make sure the chair is adjustable. Adjustable lumbar support, elbow support, and foot support are ideal. This will eliminate the probability of purchasing a chair that will not comfort you.
Ergonomics should always be in play. The environment and body positioning should make your gaming experience a positive one. Without it, you will probably be affected physically which will then ruin your gameplay. You want the best digital machine, the PlayStation VITA, so why not go for the best gaming chair as well?
Safety comes as no surprise. Avoiding bad postures or wrong body positioning will eliminate aching pain in the future. The most comfortable chair will not keep you satisfied if you are not positioning and sitting down correctly. Keep in mind, symptoms like carpal tunnel and pinched nerves may come from sitting incorrectly and having a bad posture while sitting.
We hope this guide helps you in finding the best computer chairs for gaming. If you would like to contact us and ask us to review a chair, please go to the contact page and drop us a message. Don’t forget to check out our product reviews here for all the cool gaming chairs we’ve used.